Monday, July 9, 2012

Just starting my blog, my first ever. I'm mostly known for a series of stories about a young girl, Lin Mei, her brother Biao Mei, and a pair of telepathic cats, Shadow and Twilight, set in the early years of Tang Dynasty China, approximately 620 to 650. There have been six so far, the latest will be published in November 2012. At the moment I am collecting and expanding them, along with a lot of additional material, into a book. I'll keep you posted. I plan to explore various topics in these blogs, from history, ancient technology, influences on my writing, and general interests of mine.
As you may have read on other sites, I hang out at the Asian Art Museum here in San Francisco (which I heartily recommend, even if you don't have an interest in things Asian), explore sushi bars,  collect Asian art, have an interest in Zen Archery, Asian swords and swordsmanship (Japanese and Chinese), and assorted other Asian arts and crafts. It does keep me busy.
I am interested in more than just the past. I read Science fiction, have a shelf load of books about technology and science, and watch as many of the History and Discover Channel specials as I can find time for. A guilty pleasure is the Deadliest Warrior series, on Spike TV, available on-line now that the series has aired its last show. The tests of ancient and modern weapons are good research, if a bit over the top sometimes.
At present I do not have any cats, although I have in the past, along with several dogs, a hamster, two tarantulas, and four octopuses and two squids. (Long story, don't ask.). I have a notepad filled with notes that I may someday turn into a current-day spy/crime novel. Depends on how my current projects turn out.
Enough for today. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment